Wednesday 28 February 2018

Lab 5 : Histograms



Histograms

High-key scene




Low-key scene




Scene with variety of tones




a.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your high key image fall (left or right on the histogram)

Most of the pixels in my high-key image fall on the right side of my histogram. That means that most of the tones of the picture are white or bright.

b.     Are there any pixels in the high-key image that would not print with detail?

No because there is no clipping. If my picture would of been too bright and there would be some clipping, then that would mean I'm losing detail.

c.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your low-key image fall (left or right on the histogram)

Most of the pixels in my low-key image fall on the left side of my histogram. That means that most of the tones of the picture are black or dark.

d.     Are there any pixels in the low-key image that would not print with detail?

No because there is no clipping, but if there was some, then that would mean that we would start losing detail in the blacks.

e.     According to the histogram, where do most of the pixels in your varied tones image fall (left or right on the histogram)

Most of the pixels in my varied tones image are in the middle.

f.      Are there any pixels in the varied tones image that would not print with detail?

No because normally when most of the pixels of your image are in the middle of the histogram, that means that your picture is well exposed and that you are not losing any detail.

g.     Considering the information on the histogram, do you feel your camera is properly exposing the high key and low-key scenes? Explain your answer

Yes, because I did not see any clipping on my histograms. That means that my camera did a good job to not over or underexposed too much my picture.

h.     Which histogram shows the most dynamic range?

The varied tones one. It's well exposed, most of the pixels are in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lab 10 - Save the pixels